My EBAY listings ~~ Handpainted AND Original!! Click here to take a look!

Friday, March 20, 2009

SPRING...Daffodils and MULE DAY!!!!!


I LOVE springtime!! There's nothing like looking out and seeing my daffodils bloomin'! Audrey, my sweet mother-in-law, calls them "Johnnyquils"...so, I always think of her when I see the first bloom! She turns 90 in August and has only recently slowed from doing her own yard work, quilting, going camping with us, and frying the BEST apple/peach pies, known of, in this hemisphere! Her mind's still as sharp as ever, with twinkling eyes and always something sweet to say! A very wonderful human being...none better!

We're also gearing up for our annual trip to Columbia, TN for Mule Day! We'll leave on Saturday, March 28 and return on Sunday, April 5. We'll head out with the wagon train on Sunday morning (March 29), travel through some of the prettiest back roads in the country for 4 days, then pull into the Maury County park on Wednesday to join the other thousands of mule enthusiasts...about 250,000 folks showed up last year!! We've made this trip for 15 years and it just seems to get better each time! Ridin', campin', campfire, great friends, long ears, and non-stop brayin'...what could be better?? Watch for pics when I return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! IT'S FUN TO KNOW THAT YOU'VE STOPPED BY AND I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!!