My EBAY listings ~~ Handpainted AND Original!! Click here to take a look!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

AHHHH!! New Baby at AWESOME ASS ACRES!







Okay, all you sheep folks out there...pleeeease, you've got to get involved with my blog this time and LEAVE COMMENTS, SUGGESTIONS, IDEAS...!! Last year, we found the perfect place to buy bulk feed for our critters...while there several months ago, I met a super nice guy that raised Kahtadin and St. Croix sheep. He was filling his containers at the same time as we were, when our conversation turned to our animals. I'm always asking questions about different farm animals, so we hit it off discussing sheep, mules, chickens...Long story short...he explained that when lambing started, he always dreaded when a ewe produced triplets. Apparently, two are best and the third had to be bottle fed for optimum growth. I mentioned that our sweet pygmy nanny goat, Blossom needed a buddy to share her pasture with and he offered one of the next triplets born. Welllll, that happened 3 weeks ago and as of Wednesday, 2/18/09, we're now bottle feeding and raising a very cute, baby lamb. She's snow white, but she reminds me so much of a baby deer...we've decided on the name, "Doe"! I'm feeding her twice a day now and she weighs about 15 pounds. PLEASE BE SURE TO POST ANY COMMENTS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THIS TYPE OF SHEEP OR ANY OTHER, FOR THAT MATTER...this is my first lamb, EVER, so I need input!! I'll be posting pics soon!! Thanks ahead for any info!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! IT'S FUN TO KNOW THAT YOU'VE STOPPED BY AND I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!!