My EBAY listings ~~ Handpainted AND Original!! Click here to take a look!

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

How I miss those little running steps and whispers coming from bedrooms down the hall to the tree! Memories bring back the times of checking the chocolate chip cookies and milk to see how much was gone, reading the note from Santa himself, to thank the little ones for the snack and being sooooo good through the year! The whole process is sweet, sad and precious all at the same time! Our "little" ones are now 22 and 24, but we still have Santa stop by! This year I woke up about 5:30, turned the oven on, and fixed made from scratch biscuits, scrambled eggs, pork chops and red-eye gravy! I then walked through the house with a jingle bell, waking everyone up to eat and open presents! We had friends spend the night, so they joined the AWESOME ASS ACRES festivities. Today, we plan to just sit and visit, laugh, talk, eat and laugh some more! I cooked a BIG pot of Brunswick stew to enjoy throughout the day, so we're good on eating!
I hope all were tickled with their treasures this morning, and I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed, healthy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! IT'S FUN TO KNOW THAT YOU'VE STOPPED BY AND I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!!