My EBAY listings ~~ Handpainted AND Original!! Click here to take a look!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wheeeeww...Is Everybody Still Full??

I hope everyone had a beautiful, fun filled, safe, happy, wonderful Thanksgiving! I know we did, here in East Tennessee! The meal was excellent, company even better, the day relaxed and enjoyable! Two of my babies (22 & 24)were here...the other three had meals at their house. The one blessing/miracle that I'm most thankful for, is that Zachary, our 24 year old, was here to enjoy the day. Two weeks ago, he was on one of our many back roads, late at night, approaching a curve and a very old, concrete bridge crossing. A deer jumped in front of him, he swerved, missed the bridge pilings by a few feet, left the road, went down an embankment, jumped a creek and came to rest 4 feet from a power pole. The impact of jumping the creek actually broke the seam in the floor section of his '88 Oldsmobile...it's totalled. He had to crawl out of the passenger side window and walk 2 miles to the nearest house for help. Sobriety test given by the responding officer, showed no alcohol or drugs, just an accident that could have been fatal. Zachary's bruised, very sore, has a small cut above his eye, but was here to eat turkey, dressing and some of his moma's best desserts...so that's my biggest, most thankful for, miracle for this year! BTW, the seatbelt saved his life...always buckle up!
Now that the kitchen is back to normal (my sweet husband cleaned up EVERYTHING), I'm painting pendants, ornaments and working on some new signs! I've added a new ornament with Cha-Cha expressing her view of decorations, so check it out! Till next time...take care from AWESOME ASS ACRES!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! IT'S FUN TO KNOW THAT YOU'VE STOPPED BY AND I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!!