My EBAY listings ~~ Handpainted AND Original!! Click here to take a look!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WHERE to begin???

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted, but...there's been gardening, camping, riding in the mountains, keeping the grandbaby, camping, riding in the mountains, keeping the grandbaby...oh, I think I've repeated myself, well...you know I have turned 54 since I last posted, and you can see by the sequence of events, what my priorities are!! :-) 

Is it hot where you are??  I know the last few days it's been in the high 90's here and we're in the mountains.  Humidity, heat, sweat (that, I hate) has kept us in the house for the most part.  We go out and do our chores early in the morning, but we're back in the house ASAP.  We went camping for a week at Cades Cove about 2 weeks ago and had to have cover at night...saw 11 bears - 3 momas with babies and a big male.  Met up with a mule buddy (Lynda Carr) and she brought her mules over from Sevierville and we rode the Cove trail one day.  Ten miles, 5 hours in the saddle with my stirrups too short...knees hurt that evening, but was fine the next day.  Went riding again with her this last Friday, took my saddle, rode 12 miles, 6 hours in the saddle and went up 5000' elevation...Rich Mountain trail out of Cades Cove...BEAUTIFUL overlooks and views of the Cove and Tuckaleechee Valley, cool but humid AND NOT sore a bit (guess this ol' gal's still got it!)!!  Wonderful memories with a great friend!  All's great here at AWESOME ASS ACRES...the hens are laying, the rooster's crowing, the peahen's settin' (YEA!!), the peacock's struttin', (in fact, I think he's in love with me...he fans his tail feathers every time I'm around), the mules are braying, horses neighing, the goat and sheep are bleatin' and we're all healthy!!  We're having fresh tomatoes, squash, beans, cucumbers from the garden, so we're eating good AND I forgot to mention that we have a new lamb.  He was born while we were camping, but he's healthy and cute as a button...black and white, just like Ray, our ram.  BTW, we're calling him FAA, to add to the others -- Doe, Ray, Mee


I've also been painting "in my spare time"...several ACEO's, a couple of guineas on old roofing slates, and I'm trying my hand at a "Paint Your Own Painted Pony".  I should have it finished and listed on Ebay by the end of the week. 

Last, but definitely not least, we've had Alayna (our 2 1/2 yr. old grandbaby) visit twice in the last month!  Her mom and dad (our son and his wife) are expecting another little one in December.  Mom's doing great now, but had a few days of needing a little extra rest, so.....we were the chosen ones to entertain that sweet little girl and entertain we did!!  Barbies, coloring books, story books, feeding chickens, gathering eggs, building blocks, painting, playing in the wading pool, cuddling in the rocking chair, taking naps, telling tales, a whole lot of laughing and of course, the BIG thing...riding in the golf cart around the farm, was our daily routine while she was here!  Too much fun AND soooo looking forward to her next visit!!  Take care, God bless and happy trails from AWESOME ASS ACRES!!  I'll be posting pictures soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! IT'S FUN TO KNOW THAT YOU'VE STOPPED BY AND I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!!