My EBAY listings ~~ Handpainted AND Original!! Click here to take a look!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

MOUSE CREEK NURSERY, RICEVILLE, TN








To supplement my husband's retirement, I sit with a dear, elderly lady (Peggy)4 hours a day, Monday - Friday. She's 86 and the MOST proficient gardener I've ever met. She has a beautiful yard full of daylillies, poppies, iris, roses, begonias, azealeas, wisteria, peonies, all types of ferns...the list goes on and on! Of course, she doesn't drive any more, so come springtime, I'm her transportation to any nursery in the area!! Today, we made a trip to Mouse Creek Nursery, in Riceville, Tn, about 10 miles from my house. It was my first time, but WILL NOT be my last. I've posted some pics from our visit...I'm not sure of the different variety of flowers, but I did find the Hosta House and I'm in love...I found verigated, blue, green...all, perfect for my perennial bed around the oak tree at the corner of our house! I've added the link to their website...be sure to visit and read about the beautiful little church that they moved and restored on their property...it dates back to 1855.
If you're ever in the area, be sure to look them up...it's well worth the visit! AND, if you're that close, be sure to stop by AWESOME ASS ACRES...we don't have a historical church or acres of perennials, but we do have the prettiest spotted "ass" in the country!! We'd love to have you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! IT'S FUN TO KNOW THAT YOU'VE STOPPED BY AND I LOVE HEARING FROM YOU!!